Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"The Devil went down to Georgia" Tino vs. Chemo: Round 2

Officially done with my 2nd Round of the "Red Devil" and I feel really good today. Everything went well and the Doctor, by way of an Elementary School Ruler, "thinks" the Tumor is slightly smaller- nothing scientific, but enough to be hopeful about. So good job Prayer Warriors! My White Blood Cell counts, among all the others, are back in the normal range for now and seem to be responding well to the treatment- up and down, just the way they've predicted. I will go back in today for a shot that assists in the re-growth of the White Blood Cells and I have an appointment tomorrow with a group that will determine whether there is a gene mutation that caused the Cancer.

Hair today- gone tomorrow- I also have an appointment this afternoon to "take down" my hair which is the polite way to say "chopping it all off". I jinxed myself Monday by saying my hair was healthy, because Tuesday morning it started to shed heavily.I kind of needed that to happen to prove it was really time to let it go. I think I'm ready.

What's That? Or Finding the Lump- Please skip to the next paragraph if you don't feel comfortable talking about Boobs. A lot of you might remember the signs hanging in the AXO Shower stalls about the importance of Self Breast Exams and how you should perform them daily- well I didn't. What I did do was take my little puppies and hoist them into bras, you know for that fuller effect and that was when I first noticed it. Dr. Google suggested that hormone levels change during menstruation so I assumed that was all it was, but then it didn't go away. About a week after I found it I called my OB/GYN- she confirmed that is was unusual and referred me to Northside for a mammogram, then a biopsy, and the rest of the story begins there. And I think it's important to note that I have zero family history- nilch, nada, none. It's never to early to have a precautionary mammogram- most insurance's cover them and if not there are mobile mammogram buses that do them for free or at a discount.

Love to all,
Christina

Thank You- Thank You:
To my Father In-Law for shaving his head in my Honor- I can only hope my head is that perfectly round.
Katie Stull for the Delicious dinner! Lincoln hasn't stopped asked for Cookies all night
Micheal Lenahen and his Roommates for the beautiful flowers!
Lenahen- thank you for helping Luke get the Treadmill in the house and stocking our Fridge with DESSERT!
The Guthke Family for requesting a Mass in my Honor- what a beautiful gift.
And for all of my Cards, Texts, Emails and PRAYERS

1 comment:

  1. Christina! I had no idea that you were going through this! You are beyond amazing with your positive attitude and inspirational outlook! So happy that you started this blog....I think it's wonderful that you are sharing your story and taking us along on your journey. You and your family will be in my prayers! xo

    p.s. I bet you look FABULOUS with your new 'do....you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete