For those of you that know me well- you know that I'm not much of a "sharer". I'm more of a private person that prefers giving advice over taking it, but I'm embracing the experience and I know it will feel good to put it all out there. So I plan on keeping treatment updates, family updates, and general thoughts in this blog. I'll post as often as I can and try to keep it honest.
Tomorrow is my second round of Chemotherapy. After tomorrow I'm 1/4 of the way complete- glass half full I always say! I will also be 1/2 way through with the "Red Devil" portion of the treatment, which is the drug that has the most side effects. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow, because I know I'm that much closer to "poisoning" the cancer cells, as my doctor puts it. Besides a little nausea, fatigue and dizziness I was just fine last week- hoping for the same this week.
I almost signed off without mentioning "The Elephant in the Room", but in the spirit of my earlier creed I will be completely honest. I'm supposed to start losing my hair this week. They've suggested I cut it all off before it starts to fall out- they say it lessens the blow. I'm not sure I believe them, because I'm still upset about it- not crying upset, more mad that they want to take it and it seems so healthy. We've told Lincoln that Mommy is going to get a short haircut; to which he replied "My hair is short too!"...Gotta love Kids.
Prayer Warriors: Your mission this week is operation "Shrink that Tumor" !
THANK YOU'S OF THE WEEK!
My incredible Husband- you are my rock.
My Mom for taking care of the babies while I wasn't up to it and lending me your treadmill!
Amanda for arranging the wonderful MealTrain and for the Feast you brought over!
Cate and Company for the Team Tino Bracelets
My wonderful In-Laws for EVERYTHING- the laundry has been a huge help!
Courtney for the delicious meals and Alon's cookies- the way to my heart!
Sarah and Al/Julie for feeding my poor Dog this weekend
My Casserole Warriors: Terri Stewart and Christina Moore- yummy. Thank you! The whole family really appreciates it!
Kayla for my lovely PJ's- I've worn them every night.
Aunt Yolanda for the beautiful scarf!
Debbie James for the cozy wrap- perfect for Chemo days!
Mrs. Mawson for the Holy Water- it goes everywhere with me.
Grandma for all of her support- I'm a lucky granddaughter.
I apologize if I've forgotten anyone- the outpouring of support has been tremendous. We feel so loved and grateful.
Love to all,
Christina
A picture from this weekend- Congrats Ashley and Jeff on your Engagement!

You are such a strong and inspiring person! Sending love and support from California and from your Showtime crew here! P.S. You will always look fabulous, with or without hair.
ReplyDeleteRed Devil! Adriomyocin? Turns your pee pink too! Hate that stuff. Love your outlook. For what it's worth, I never did cut my hair. It was thick enough that I was able to get a few more weeks out of it. Do what's right for you. Besides, scarves are so hot right now ;)
ReplyDeleteChristina - I had no idea! I'm so sorry you are going through this. We will be thinking about you and praying for you!
ReplyDelete